If you are doing a Laugh & Learn class, you will receive Digital @Home Materials. You will find a link in your inbox that will take you to a site where you can download your music, games, your book and all sorts of activities and videos. Lots of fun activities to continue the learning at home!
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Pretend Play — Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement, and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor, and cognitive skills.
- Musical Variety and Singing — Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for children to explore their many voices and to use a “singing voice.” Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity, and socialization.
- Storytelling and Literacy — Each class is built on the development of a story, so you’ll hear preschoolers search for the word to say what they mean and try to keep up with their busy minds, emerging wants, needs, likes, and dislikes.
- Parent Involvement — Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, while many times still needing the emotional security provided by a parent. The preschooler experiences both in Imagine That! Caregivers participate in the last 10-15 minutes of class. Plus the At Home Materials ensures the learning continues at home with each child’s best teacher—the parent!
- Age Range: 3 to 5 years
- Class Structure: 14 or 8 classes in a semester Class Length: 45 minute class each week
- Class Size: Class with no more than 10 children
- Parent Involvement: Last 10-15 minutes of class