If you are doing a Laugh & Learn class, you will receive Digital @Home Materials. You will find a link in your inbox that will take you to a site where you can download your music, games, your book and all sorts of activities and videos. Lots of fun activities to continue the learning at home!
The Imagine That! class participants will receive the Physical @Home Materials. Each student receives 2 story books, code to download your music, Home Activity Book, game or playset and an instrument.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Pretend Play — Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement, and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor, and cognitive skills.
- Musical Variety and Singing — Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for children to explore their many voices and to use a “singing voice.” Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity, and socialization.
- Storytelling and Literacy — Each class is built on the development of a story, so you’ll hear preschoolers search for the word to say what they mean and try to keep up with their busy minds, emerging wants, needs, likes, and dislikes.
- Parent Involvement — Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, while many times still needing the emotional security provided by a parent. The preschooler experiences both in Imagine That! Caregivers participate in the last 10-15 minutes of class. Plus the At Home Materials ensures the learning continues at home with each child’s best teacher—the parent!
- Age Range: 3 to 5 years
- Class Structure: 14 or 8 classes in a semester Class Length: 45 minute class each week
- Class Size: Class with no more than 10 children
- Parent Involvement: Last 10-15 minutes of class